Particle size matters
Particles like dust, smoke and bacteria are often .3 microns or less. At that size, allergens can get deep into your lungs because they aren’t filtered well by your nose and throat. An effective whole-house air cleaner, such as Trane CleanEffects™, can reduce the presence of potential asthma and allergy attack triggers in your home, like dust, pollen, pet hair and dander, dust mites, mildew, lint, fungus, most tobacco smoke, cooking grease, and even bacteria.
Standard filters are not that good
Standard air cleaners have filters that are very dense, so they stop the dust by trapping it in a slightly porous filter. The fewer the pores the more dust it can trap. However, this not only stops the dust and dirt, but it also stops the air from moving as well. So you may not be as comfortable, and less air is cleaned efficiently. This is called pressure drop. The revolutionary Trane CleanEffects™ air filtration system has the lowest pressure drop with the highest efficiency possible.
For the best quality air
Trane CleanEffects™ utilizes patented, breakthrough air cleaning technology to remove up to an astounding 99.98% of airborne allergens from the air that passes through the filter. It catches particles as small as .1 micron, making it 8 times more effective than even the best HEPA room filters and up to 100 times more effective than a standard 1″ filter.
Clean Effects Benefits
- Removal of up to 99.98% of particles and allergens from your filtered indoor air. It removes particles as small as .1 microns – 1/1,000th the diameter of a human hair – a size that eludes most air cleaners
- Industry-leading clean air delivery rate of 1,200
- Low operating costs, with no replacement filters to buy
- Cleaning indicators easily visible on the outside of the unit
- Easy to clean filters. Just vacuum or rinse once every 3 months
Media Filter Benefits
5” Media filters are available in various sizes to accommodate your particular application. Efficiencies range around 15% in removing .3 micron particulate. These filters are a step up from the standard 1” pleated filter, but not as good as the electronic type. Typically, these filters are changed annually.
Media Filter Benefits
- Up to 15 times more effective than a standard throwaway filter
- Available in a variety of sizes
- Easy to replace
- Helps maintain the operating efficiency of your home comfort system
- Filters 100% of the air that is heated and cooled